The Centre for Electronics Frontiers at the University of Southampton is offering a scholarship to assist local and international students who wish to begin their PhD degree in Large Area Nanoelectronics.
This PhD scholarship aims at exploring advanced materials and novel nanopatterning techniques to develop the next generation of nanodevices.
Great funding opportunity that will provide amount of £18,000 funded by the University of Southampton for the session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1952, the University of Southampton is a world-leading university located in Southampton, England. It offers a wide range of academic degrees spanning academic degrees for bachelor’s in a variety of degrees and master’s degrees as well as junior doctorates and higher doctorates.
Why study at the University of Southampton? At this university, the student will have the opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team and to be trained and work in the world-class facilities of the Zepler Institute for Photonics and Nanoelectronics.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
- University: University of Southampton
- Department: Centre for Electronics Frontiers
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: £18,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Large Area Nanoelectronics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must have MEng/MSc (or equivalent, or near completion) with first-class honours or distinction in Engineering, Physics, or a closely related subject.
- EU/Overseas applicants should achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each competency.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to take admission in PhD Nanoelectronics (Full time) as the programme to the university. After taking admission applicants must complete the online application form for the position.
- Supporting Documents: Research Proposal, Curriculum Vitae, Two reference letters and Degree Transcripts must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English. Click here for information.
Funded scholars will receive support for their tuition fees, a bursary to cover living expenses (£18,000 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years) and a Research Training Support Grant for research consumables and conference attendance.