To make education accessible and affordable to its international students, the University of Copenhagen has established the International Postdoctoral Positions in CRISPR Bioinformatics for the academic year 2022-2023.
The study program is open for both domestic and international applicants who want to pursue a PhD degree program at the university.
Amazing opportunity to get benefited in Denmark.
User Review( votes)
The Institution of Copenhagen is Denmark’s oldest university, having been founded in 1479. It is one of the most prestigious universities in Scandinavia and one of the best in Europe.
Why choose the University of Copenhagen? This university offers a range of learning options, from part-time online courses to on-campus taught programmes. You ought to feel sure by the time the programme is over that you can apply what you’ve learnt in the workplace.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is July 31, 2022.
- University: University of Copenhagen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: 35,624 DKK
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD program in CRISPR Bioinformatics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the regular PhD programme, you must have
- A completed PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science or in a similar area
- Strong knowledge of RNA folding and RNA-RNA interaction algorithms
- Strong knowledge of algorithms using suffix-arrays / suffix-trees for mapping (complementary) sequences to genomes
- Machine learning
- C++ or C and Perl or Python
- Strong experience with the Linux/Unix environment, command lines and shell scripting
- Good people skills and team player abilities.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All interested candidates must take admission in a postdoctoral degree at the University of Copenhagen. After being enrolled, applicants can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Cover letter detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific Postdoc project. This letter needs to include what is addressed under “Critically important” above
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records
- List of publications, clearly divided into peer reviewed journal papers and other papers
- Personal Recommendations. If none, please explain why it has not been possible to obtain
- Three relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must comply with the formal requirements of the PhD program.
- Language Requirement: Documentation of English level can, for instance, be documented by an excellent IELTS or TOEFL test.
The University of Copenhagen will provide a salary, pension, and other conditions of employment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Taxation and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or another relevant organisation. Currently, the monthly salary starts at 35,624 DKK/approx. 4,781 EUR (April 2022 level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.