Are you considering a postgraduate degree in Hong Kong? An International Postgraduate Scholarship could be for you! HKBU School of Business International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS) scheme is open to domestic and international students.
The funding program is designed to nurture future business leaders, bringing together highly-talented and intellectually-motivated students from around the world to one of the eligible taught postgraduate programs.
Great opportunity to study masters in Hong Kong.
User Review( votes)
Hong Kong Baptist College was founded in 1956 as a post-secondary college by the Baptist Convention of Hong Kong. It is the only business school in Hong Kong and amongst the 1% of business schools worldwide with triple accreditation. At the HKBU School of Business, the classroom environment is very nurturing, and the professors are all passionate about helping students understand the lesson as much as they can.
Why study at HKBU School of Business? Since being established in 2018, HKBU School of Business has attracted many highly talented and intellectually-motivated international students who demonstrated leadership potential and aspired to make a difference in their designated full-time taught postgraduate business programs.
Application Deadline: Open for 2023 – 31 May 2023, 11:59 pm. Competition increases as the year progress, so students are recommended to submit their applications early.
- University or Organization: Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
- Department: School of Business of Hong Kong Baptist University
- Course Level: Postgraduate course
- Award: Full tuition fee waiver and a living allowance of approx. US$12,820
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities/regions outside Mainland China, Macau SAR and Hong Kong SAR
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for taught postgraduate programs as the following:
- Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
- Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM)
- MSc in Applied Accounting & Finance (MScAAF)
- MSc in Applied Economics (MScAEcon)
- MSc in Business Management (MScBM)
- MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance
- MSc in Data Analytics and Business Economics (MScDABE)
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing (MScEGM)
- MSc in Finance (FinTech and Financial Analytics) (MScFTFA)
- MSc in Marketing for the Creative Economy (MScMCE)
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- An outstanding applicant for one of our designated full-time postgraduate programs from countries/ regions outside Mainland China, Macau SAR and Hong Kong SAR
- All prospective students with nationalities outside of the Greater China, who have submitted an online application to one of the designated full-time postgraduate programs offering the IPS will be considered for the IPS or other scholarships simultaneously.
- A future leader who is determined to make a positive impact on the business community and the wider world
- Committed to taking part in HKBU’s internationalization projects and activities during the study period
- Non-local students are defined as students holding student visa/entry permits, visas under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates, or dependent visas who are aged 18 years old or above before 1 September of the year of which they are admitted to relevant post-secondary programs in Hong Kong issued by the Director of Immigration.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: A separate application for a scholarship is not required. Applicants must submit an application online to one of the designated full-time postgraduate programs offering the International Postgraduate Scholarship (IPS).
- Note: Competition increases as the year progresses, so applicants are recommended to submit their applications early.
- Supporting Documents: A) Applicants are required to upload copies of the following supporting documents through the Online Application System (OAS)
- 1 – Passport or other identity documents issued by the home country (for non-local applicants)
- 2 – Degree certificate(s)/graduation diploma(s), and
- 3 – Transcript(s)ii of the academic qualification(s)
- 4 – English proficiency test results (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS results)
- 1 – Hong Kong public examination results, if applicable (e.g. HKCEE/HKALE/HKDSE)
- 2 – Other relevant test results, if applicable (e.g. GMAT, GRE)
- 3 – Certificate(s)/supporting document(s) of scholarship(s) and prize(s)
- 4 – Certificate(s) of professional qualification(s)
- 5 – Sample(s) of publication or research work/record of research experience/publication list
- B) Confidential Reference
- Applicants are requested to nominate up to two referees for providing confidential references. The Graduate School will invite referees via email to complete the online Confidential Reference Form via a designated online platform within two weeks from the date of successful submission of the application.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must check full admission requirements before starting an application to study at HKBU.
- Language Requirement: Proof of English proficiency by TOEFL: 79 (Internet?based); or IELTS (Academic): Overall Band at 6.5. (for applicants whose bachelor’s degrees were obtained from non-English medium institutions). The TOEFL institution code of the University is 9467.
The Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) will provide all the following:
- Full tuition fee waiver (Tuition Fee – Local: HK$200,000# and Non-local: HK$250,000#)
- Living allowance of approx. US$12,820