Educations are available for pursuing doctoral, masters and undergraduate programme. Programs are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
User Review( votes)
Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
In order to enhance its internationalization, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international holders. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of Chinese society and culture.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Non-Chinese citizens can apply for this education.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
Educational background and age limits:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
- In order to enhance its internationalization, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international pupils. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of Chinese society and culture.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are eligible for education assessment only after they are admitted to the undergraduate, master or doctoral programme of Xiamen University. Applicants are required to make an online application and then download and print out the Application Form for International pupils generated upon successful online application. Applicants fill in and print out the Application Form for XMU free study.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, pupils must be ready to submit the High school diploma or Certificate of Expected Graduation, Academic transcripts for high school studies, A Letter of Recommendation, Personal statement, Scanned copy of valid regular passport.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have excellent oral and written English language skills; proficiency will be verified.
The University offers educations to doctoral, masters and undergraduate candidates.
The first-class scholarships for doctoral and master’s candidates will have their tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes) and offer monthly living allowance (RMB 3,500 for each doctoral holders; RMB 3,000 for each master’s pupil). Undergraduate candidates will not be provided with the first-class study.
The second-class scholarships will have the awardees’ tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes, 4 or 5 years for undergraduate programmes). Free study details are as follows:
|Categories||First-class scholarships||Availability||Second-class scholarships||Availability||Total|
|Doctoral candidates||• Tuition covered;• Monthly living allowance: RMB 3,500 /person||3||Tuition covered||5||8|
|Master’s candidates||• Tuition covered;• Monthly living allowance: RMB 3,000 /person||3||Tuition covered||8||11|
|Undergraduate candidates||None||None||Tuition covered||5||5|
The awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their award renewed for the following year.