The University of Guelph offers an excellent opportunity for students through its International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship (ISURA) for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Assistantship will be provided to international students who wish to undertake undergraduate degree programs at Guelph. The selected students will receive full-time employment during the summer months allowing students to save money to help with the cost of their next academic study period. The salary for an ISURA starts at $9,027.
International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship (ISURA)
Worthy offer to get an assistantship for undergraduate research in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Based in 1964, the University of Guelph is a broad general research university in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. This research-intensive, learner-centered university’s core value is the pursuit of truth. It delivers various undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees in a very flexible model. More than 550 graduate students from around the world (83 different countries) choose to complete their graduate studies at the University of Guelph.
Why study at the University of Guelph? Guelph will shortly be recognized as a leader in Canadian institutes in the development of the person, scholar & citizen as it is operating hard to achieve its mission to provide quality programs and assistance to students that will assist in the development of the person, scholar, and citizen. While studying at this university, students will gain knowledge and experience through the University of Guelph’s work-study program. It also creates a welcoming environment where students can effectively interact with academic staff.
Application Deadline: 27 February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Guelph
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate Reasearch
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The Assistantship will be awarded in Undergraduate Research any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be an international student (NOT a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a Protected Person in Canada (not a Convention Refugee))
- Must be currently registered in an undergraduate degree program.
- Must have a cumulative average of at least 70%; however, departments may have additional academic criteria above this minimum. This condition may be waived at the discretion of the hiring faculty member.
- Must return to study at the University of Guelph in a bachelor program in the fall semester immediately after the employment term (students cannot be registered in the last semester of their bachelor’s degree program at the time of application).
- Must be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the position. However, a student may register as a part-time student (up to 1.0 credit) at the supervisor’s discretion during the award period.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for ISURA positions via the On-Campus Employment section of Experience Guelph.
- Applicants Login into the Student section of the Experience Guelph
- Selecting “On Campus Jobs and Opportunities” from the left-hand menu.
- Selecting “Summer Research Assistantships” from the Quick Search menu in the main window.
- Choosing to sort the list by title, division, or type (ISURA).
- Students must apply for ISURA positions through the On-Campus Employment section of Experience Guelph by clicking the position title to view details.
- Clicking “Apply” at the top of the posting and submitting all required application documents.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A cover letter addressed to the project supervisor and a resume or CV that indicates the following: Their full name, telephone number, email address, and student ID.
- Briefly describe their background, including any previous training, awards received, and their interest in the particular project.
- An unofficial transcript.
- Any additional documents may be relevant to their application.
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the university’s requirements for an Assistantship.
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
The University of Guelph positions provide full-time employment during the summer months allowing students to save money to help with the cost of their next academic study period. The salary for an ISURA starts at $9,027 (based on $15.50/hr working 35 hrs or week for 16 weeks, plus 4% vacation pay).