The International Transport Forum at the OECD is delighted to announce Young Researcher of the Year Award 2019. The award is open to researchers under 35 years of age who have undertaken the research presented in the submitted paper in an institution, university or consultancy firm located in a member country1 of the International Transport Forum.
The main objective of the program is to highlight the importance of transport research for the construction and implementation of the sound transport policy and to promote close ties between transport policy and research. For 2019, the topic of the Summit is “Transport Connectivity for Regional Integration”.
User Review( votes)
The International Transport Forum at the OECD is an intergovernmental organization with 59 member countries. Their mission is to foster a deeper understanding of the role of transport in economic growth, environmental sustainability, and social inclusion and to raise the public profile of transport policy.
- Applications Deadline: February 1, 2019.
- Course Level: The award is open to pursuing a research degree program.
- Study Subject: The award will be given in the fields linked to transport.
- Award: A prize of EUR 5 000 will be awarded. The award winner will be invited to receive the award at the official award ceremony which will be held during the 2019 Summit (22- 24 May) in Leipzig, Germany. Honorary merit awards may also be presented.
- Nationality: Member country1 of the International Transport Forum are eligible to apply.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in France
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: The studentships are available to member country1 of the International Transport Forum. Member Counrty1: Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYROM, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and USA.
- Entrance Requirements: The Young Researcher of the Year Award is open to researchers under 35 years of age at the time of closing of applications who have undertaken the research presented in the submitted paper in an institution, university or consultancy firm located in a member country1 of the International Transport Forum.
- The researcher must be the main author of the paper.
Candidates for the award must complete the online application form, including a brief summary of the paper in English (maximum 200 words), even if the paper is in French.
- The research paper may analyze any aspect related to transport connectivity for regional integration, such as, but not limited to, transport network connectivity, multimodal connectivity, the development of transport corridors, their impact on the economy or society, or the required intuitional or regulatory frameworks to achieve improved connectivity and integration.
- The work can be quantitative or qualitative and come from any of the academic fields linked to transport.
- Papers should not exceed 25 pages (single spacing), excluding references and annexes and should be written in English or French.
- Papers published in 2018 or 2019, as well as unpublished papers, are welcome.
How to Apply: To apply for the opportunity , the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.itf-oecd.org/node/23094