To attract exceptional global research talent in order to fulfill its mission to transform lives across the world through research and education, the University of Surrey is pleased to establish the Vice Chancellor’s Studentship Award for the academic year 2022-2023.
The university is accepting applications from applicants applying to any of our PhD programmes and who have International Fee Status. Candidates selected will be provided 3.5 years full-time tuition fee waiver and stipend set at the standard UKRI rate per annum and a £3,000 Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) to be used during the funded period.
Valuable chance to complete PhD study at the University of Surrey and get tuition fees and provide an annual tax-free maintenance allowance.
User Review( vote)
The University of Surrey is a renowned leading university, ranking 378th globally and 33rd in the UK by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020. It aims to provide excellent education and advance and disseminate knowledge.
Why choose to study at the University of Surrey? The University of Surrey has excellent teaching and academic support to aid students in academics as well as outside the premises of the university. It has been awarded Gold in the Reaching Excellence Framework. Students are also given affordable accommodation.
Application Deadline: Applications for this studentship award will close on 17th January 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Surrey
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: All international students can make applications.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programmes offered at the Faculty of Arts and Science, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, or the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at Surrey
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be international candidates starting in October 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must log in to the university portal to apply. Students must then fill the scholarship application form separately and submit it [email protected] in order to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Education and qualification documents
- Personal details
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Project costing
- Details of project partners and collaborators
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are expected to have qualifications in line with the PhD programme they wish to apply for at the University of Surrey.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 59
- PTE – 42
- CAE – 162
- CPE – 162
The candidates selected will be provided full international tuition fees covered, stipend at UKRI rates p.a. (currently at £15,609), and a Research Training Support Grant of £3,000 to cover the funded period for up to 3.5 years.