All interested candidates are inviting to apply for the Irvington Postdoctoral International Fellowship sponsored by McMaster University for the academic session 2022-2023.
The educational award is available for talented and motivated students who wish to undertake a postdoctoral degree in engineering at the university.
Great offer for international students in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1881, McMaster University is a public research university ranked 90th in the world and third in Canada. It has a strong history of success in industry-driven research and student-focused teaching, and it provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs.
Why would like to study at McMaster University? Students gain the skills and knowledge they need to plan for their future jobs at this university. Respect, teamwork, and diversity are principles that the university aims to exemplify, as well as a strong commitment to employment equity.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
- University or Organization: McMaster University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Award: Up to $59,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Health Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology. An eligible project must fall into the broad field of immunology with relevance to solving the cancer problem.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree by the date of award activation and must conduct their proposed research under a sponsor who holds a formal appointment as an assistant professor or higher rank at the host institution.
- Applicants with 5 or more years of relevant postdoctoral experience at the time of award activation are not eligible, with the exception of M.D. applicants, who should not include years of residency in this calculation.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will applicants who have already spent 3 or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of the fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
- The fellowship can be performed in the United States or abroad but must take place at a non-profit institution. There are no citizenship restrictions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates must have to take admission in the postdoctoral degree program at the university. After that candidates must complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: All candidates must have to submit a CV, academic transcripts and certificates.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, you need to meet the admission requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The university provides a stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year. In addition, an allowance of $1,500 per year is allotted to the host institution for use at the sponsor’s discretion to help pay for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.