The International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity is expected applicants for its ISBNPA LMIC Research Scholarship programme. The scholarship is available for the researchers from low and middle-income countries.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide funding to conduct formative or pilot research, or for an existing study where funds are insufficient to complete the study such that the results can be disseminated; and to present study findings at an ISBNPA conference.
User Review( votes)
The International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity is an open-access medical journal covering behavioural aspects of nutrition science and the study of physical activity.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- US$1500 research grant + US$1500 conference travel scholarship + free conference registration + registration to the NESI pre-conference workshop (if applicant is an early career researcher)
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Early career researchers should be up to 5 years post-PhD. Mid-career researchers should be 5-15 years post-PhD.
- Consideration may be given to PhD students in their final year of PhD, but this would need to be strongly motivated.
- Applicants should be living and be working in, and funded by an institution or organization in a low- or middle-income country; or may be living and working in a high-income country but funded by an institution or organization in a low- or middle-income country (as recognized by the World Bank).
- Each early career applicant should identify a mid-career (5-15 years post PhD) or senior researcher (+15 years post PhD) who is willing to act as a mentor for their project. Mid-career applicants should identify a senior researcher as a mentor for their project. It would be preferable for the mentor to be a member of ISBNPA, and for them to reside in the same country as the applicant. A strong motivation would need to be made for a mentor to be outside the applicant’s country.
- Applicants may be eligible for funding no more than once every three years.
Nationality: Applicants of Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo , Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria , Pakistan , Papua New Guinea , Philippines, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tunisia, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep .and Zambia are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be researchers.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 16, 2017.