The generous scholarship of US$7,500 is jointly funded by the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID) and European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID).
A nice option to get financial support for research in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The program is given the opportunity for candidates to extend their research experience; learn from experienced infectious disease specialists; and return home with knowledge and processes that will help them improve clinical practice in regions where it most needs strengthening.
Founded in 1986, the International Society for Infectious Disease (ISID) is a non-profit organization that works to control the outbreak of infectious disease and improve the care of patients suffering from these conditions.
The goal of the Society is to improve the preparation of global pandemic/epidemic after a health concept and to create a global infectious disease community. They also offer high quality, world-class education.
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
- Course Level: These grants are open for researchers
- Award: US$7,000
- Number of Awards: Eight
- Nationality: Non-EU low or lower-middle-income countries
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: low or lower-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank, from outside of Europe are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Investigations of the epidemiology, path physiology, diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- ISID/ESCMID fellowships are open to residents of low and low-middle income countries, as classified by the World Bank, from outside of Europe.
- Applicants who are less than forty years of age, and will benefit from the opportunity to work or study outside of their country of residence are eligible for the program.
You might also like these Programs
Making careers in this field of public health highly valued. The scope of these departments is so wide on a local, state, and federal level, job opportunities, and job stability are quite high. This career path is a special physician’s condition so that you can work out of any public health facility that meets the public’s clinical requirements.
Applications must be completed online.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the on-line submission system.
The application is comprised of:
- Research plan – 5 pages including background, methods, limitations, and references
- Applicant CV
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s institution
- Letter of invitation/reference from the host institution
- CV of mentor/host from the host institution
- Budget details
At the time of application for this fellowship program, there is no need to take admission in the university.
- Up to eight grants of up to US$7,000 each will be awarded annually and are available to support the professional development of young investigators working in the field of human infectious diseases by funding pilot research projects to be carried out over the course of a year at the applicant’s institution.
- Due to a high volume of applications, ISID is now prioritizing low and lower-middle-income countries.