The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is delighted to announce 50 scholarships under the IDB Merit programme for High Technology for the academic year 2020-21. The studentships are available for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year PhD study/research, and (ii) 6-12 months of postdoctoral research.
The objective of the program is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
Great offer for international students to get financial support for higher study.
User Review( vote)
The Islamic Development Bank is an international financial institution established in pursuance of the Declaration of Intent issued by the Conference of Finance Ministers of Muslim Countries held in Jeddah in Dhul Q’adah 1393H, corresponding to December 1973.
Age not over (a) 35 years for PhD study, and (b) 40 years for postdoctoral research. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year PhD study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of postdoctoral research.
- Study Subject: Fields of studies under the program are determined by the priority needs of the country’s development in areas that they are lacking but crucial for their development, in line with the IDB Vision 1440H, IDB 10-Year Strategic Plan, Presidency 5-Year Plan and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Selected candidates must undertake a cutting-edge research project in the following fields of studies:
Sustainable Agriculture: Food Security, Resilient Crops, Postharvest Technologies Education Quality of Teaching, Pupil/Teacher Ratio, High-Level Training Education for Sustainable Development Integration of Sustainability-related issues into national curricula and teaching syllabus documents Climate Change Strategies for Reductions of CO2 Emissions, and Climate Mitigation and Carbon Sequestration Methods Energy Renewable Energy and Green Technologies, Solar Potential and Hydrogen, Fuel Cells, Biogas and Biodiesel Sustainable Cities Insulation Technologies, Transportation and Urban Planning Responsible Growth Reduction of Waste, Serving Communities, Ethics of Growth Waste Management Recycling, Carbon Footprint Reduction, Waste to Energy Technologies Population Growth Urban Sprawl, Density and Epidemics, and Overshoot Green Chemistry Alternative Technologies, Cutting-edge Research, and Limitation of Pollution Biodiversity Loss of Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services, Mass Extinction, and Agrobiodiversity Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics Plastic Incorporation into the Food Chain, Biodegradable Plastics, and Recycling Possibilities. Water and Hygiene Water Purity and Availability, Sanitation and Quality. Health Medicine, Pharmacy and Nutrition, etc. ICT for Development Computer Science, Laser and Fiber Optics, Telecommunication, and Electronic Innovation & Infrastructure Development Build Resilient Infrastructure, Innovation and Industrial Development, Technological Infrastructure and Product Innovation. Islamic Economics, Finance, and Banking Mode & Services of Islamic Banking and Finance, Sharia Standards for IFIs, Islamic Insurance & Takaful, Islamic Capital Market, Sharia & Operational Aspects of Sukuk, Islamic Micro-Finance, Zakat Management, Awqaf & Zakat Management Development-related Social Sciences International economics, Journalism, Law, IP, Political Sciences, Entrepreneurships, etc
- Award: The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from the place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Guinea, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Cameroon, Niger, Palestine, Chad, Cote dIvoire, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Sierra Leone, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Senegal, and Comoros
- The award can be taken in The studentships are open to PhD study/research at the world’s topmost universities ranked by Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). However, priority is given to study/research at IDB partners universities. Scholarships for postdoctoral research available at Research Centres of Excellence both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries.
- Eligible Countries: Students of Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Guinea, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Cameroon, Niger, Palestine, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Sierra Leone, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Senegal, and Comoros can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the opportunity
, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for PhD study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of his/her proposed study/research and has some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that his/her research proposal has development relevance to the country/institution with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have a good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it; and
- His /her application is nominated by his/her institution and the concerned section of the application form is signed, stamped by the Head of the institution and submitted to the IDB through the Office of IDB Governor for the country.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IsDB Governor for the country. It is the Office of the IsDB Governor that will forward the applications to IsDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions. As for Egypt, applications should be forwarded through the Higher Universities Council, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, instead of Office of the IsDB Governor.
The IsDB has been funding the following programmes for citizens from IsDB member countries and Muslim communities worldwide:
- Undergraduate Programme
- Master’s Programme
- PhD Programme and Post-doctoral Research Programme
- IsDB-ISFD for Vocational Education & Training (VET)
- Bachelor studies for the IsDB 21 Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs)
Eligible candidates must submit their applications online through the application Platform.