The Australian Museum is proud to offer the Isobel Bennett Marine Biology Fellowship for students in Australia.
The Isobel Bennett Marine Biology Fellowship is named in recognition of the late Dr Isobel Bennett who was one of Australia’s eminent marine biologists. The Hermon Slade Raiatea Foundation has provided funding to the Lizard Island Reef Research Foundation (LIRRF) to enable this free tuition.
Nice fellowshipF for Australian candidates
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: Closed
- Applicants must have been awarded a PhD degree between 11 October 2014 and 11 October 2019. If a researcher does not satisfy this criterion and considers that s/he has an equivalent research qualification or experience of similar duration, then s/he must determine eligibility by making a case to the Selection Committee at least two weeks before the closing date for applications.
- Applicants must be able to show that they have the time and resources to conduct the field research and to publish the results. This is usually demonstrated by being employed in a research position for the duration of the fellowship period.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications must be submitted to Lizard Island Research Station using the form provided. The application should be sent as a single email attachment in Word or rich text format (not as a pdf file).
- Supporting Documents: A curriculum vitae is to be appended to the application form.
- Admission Requirements: An applicant mus have an excellent academic record.
For researchers based at an Australian institution, the maximum value of each 2020 fellowship is $15,000 plus GST per year for either one or two years. For researchers based at an overseas institution, the amount includes GST.