International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) is providing the ISS Scholarship and Hardship Fund for MA Program in Development Studies in the Netherlands. Both funds are open for international and Dutch holders for pursuing an MA program.
These are available for pursuing a master (MA) program. These funds have been established to support pupils without any other form of education. Both funds are open to Dutch as well as international holders who wish to enrol in the MA in Development Studies.
Marvelous MA Program in Development Studies.
User Review( votes)
ISS is an international graduate school of policy-oriented critical social science. It brings together candidates and teachers from the Global South and the North in a European environment.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2022
- People with relevant work experience, a degree in one of the social sciences (upper second or first class) and a strong motivation to study at ISS, or
- Recent graduates with a first-class degree in one of the social sciences and a strong motivation to study at ISS.
- International and Dutch candidates can apply for this study.
- Applicants will have solid academic and professionally relevant training in theory and methods for development studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for one of the funds, applicants should send the online form in their requests to the ISS student office email address before the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, pupils must be ready to submit the Copy of Academic Degree/ Diploma, Certified Copy of Academic Transcript, Motivation Statement (one page) – Explaining the reason you should be the beneficiary of this fund and detailed financial information (including supporting bank statements) to prove your ability to support yourself for the remaining tuition fee, living expenses and health insurance.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a bachelors degree in one of the social sciences or equivalent, comprising at least three years of studies at a recognized university or institute of higher education. Applicants must have obtained at least class 2.2 (Lower Second), B or equivalent, but preferably class 2.1 (Upper Second), B+ or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to submit a TOEFL score: for the paper test (PBT) 580; for the computer-based test (CBT) 237; for the internet test (IBT) 92 and IELTS score: 6.5 overall for the Academic Test.
Each award is worth 30% of the tuition fee. ISS Hardship Fund: This fund can provide a fee discount of up to 30% of the tuition fee.