To recognize the financial constraints that students might face while pursuing their higher education abroad, Michigan Technological University is introducing the J. Edgar McAllister Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship has especially been offered to international students who want to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at Michigan Technological University. The applicants must be Canadian citizens and permanent residents to be considered for this scholarship award valued at $6,000.
Nice offer for Canadian students to complete their studies in USA with an award amount of $6,000
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1885, Michigan Technological University is a flagship public research university in Houghton, Michigan. It is the first post-secondary institution in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and ranks 151stout of 443 National Universities.
Why choose to study at the Michigan Technological University? The Michigan Technological University, a globally recognized technological university, is in charge of educating students, advancing knowledge, and innovating to improve the quality of life and to promote mutual respect and equity for all people within the state, the nation, and the global community.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st May prior to the year of enrolment, i.e., 2023.
- University or Organization: Michigan Technological University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Graduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canadian
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Canadian students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any undergraduate or graduate degree program taught at Michigan Technological University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in on-campus courses at MTU.
- The applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications at MTU must be made via its application portal. Students interested to apply for the scholarship must submit a separate scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Official transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Personal Statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have attained a minimum 3.0 GPA in their previous academic qualifications.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- PTE – 53
- Duolingo – 105
- IELTS – 6.5
The winning Canadian national students will be awarded a scholarship worth $6,000 by Michigan Technological University.