Seeking for an opportunity to study in abroad? Here is a chance to make your dream come true. The Embassy of Japan is accepting applications for the DC MEXT Scholarships.
The motive of this Japanese Government (MEXT) program is to give a chance for high achievement applicants to study in a Japanese institution within the help of their fees and costs. The program is open for US students who are in District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia Residents.
Excellent opportunity for US citizens to study in Japan.
User Review( votes)
Located in Washington D.C., The Embassy of Japan provides Japanese consular services to residents of the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland. It is the diplomatic mission of Japan to the United States.
Why at this program? In this program, you will get a chance to choose your career field in which there are many cultural programs, workshops, and events are available for enhancing the talent in diverse fields. You will gain knowledge under the guidance of excellent teachers.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of the U.S. who are the residents of the Maryland, Virginia, or the District of Columbia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can apply for either in an undergraduate or a research degree course in any subject areas.
- Admissible Criteria: Must be under the age of 23 at the time of admission and not having any health issues. An applicant must be under the age of 23 at the time of admission and must be a high school senior or a recent graduate for an undergraduate program. And for a research degree program, you must be a graduate or a postgraduate student for pursuing this course.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Students must have to complete an admission form for an undergraduate or a research degree course at any Japanese University. And send it by post to-
Embassy of Japan
2520 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcripts, health certificate, and language proficiency proof along with a recommendation letter either from a principal or a teacher in an envelope should be submitted with the application form.
- Admission Requirements: A high school diploma for undergraduate studies and an undergraduate degree for a research program is a must for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your national language, then it is necessary for you to show your English language ability by TOEFL or IELTS test.
The organization will provide the benefit of 117,000 yen per month with a supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month especially for the researchers will be added. It will also cover the fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities as well as travel expenses.