To enhance support so that international students can start their student life in Australia, James Cook University has started the Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
This grant is available to International students and provides up to a maximum of $40,000 per year for the minimum course duration at James Cook University. Application for this scholarship is by invitation only to international students enrolling in eligible programs with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 85% or higher.
Amazing chance to become a part of this scholarship programme in Australia.
User Review( votes)
James Cook University is a public university in North Queensland, Australia. The second oldest university in Queensland, JCU is a teaching and research institution. JCU has an academic division that oversees six Colleges and service divisions for research, education, services and resources, and functions of the Chancellery. JCU was ranked 29th of the world’s universities aged 50 years or younger in the Times Higher Education.
Why study at James Cook University? JCU is the best university in Queensland for reducing inequalities* and a leading university in Australia. Study in a unique environment where world-class facilities, natural wonders and vibrant student life come together. JCU) is a world-class university that ranks consistently as one of the world’s top 300 universities. It has also recently attained the prestigious QS 5 Stars ranking in 2021 for its achievements in teaching, employability, research and facilities.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 18 July 2022, 5 pm AEST.
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- Award: Up to $40,000
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must hold a visa that permits study before commencing
- Must hold an offer for a full-time, internal program
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 6.0 GPA (full fee waiver) or a 5.5 GPA (partial fee waiver)
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other JCU grant, scholarship, or allowance
- The scholarship provides a fee reduction only – no cash payments or reimbursements are permitted
- Scholarships are allocated at the discretion of the Selection Committee
- International students enrolled in eligible programs with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 85% or higher.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for admission via the university portal. Applicants eligible to apply for the scholarship are automatically assessed during the admissions process, and eligible candidates will receive an invitation to apply for the Scholarship from the JCU International Admissions team.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must maintain a 6.0 GPA (full fee waiver) or a 5.5 GPA (partial fee waiver)
- Language Requirement: If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate your English language proficiency by undertaking an English language test score requirements and tests accepted.
The JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship (full fee waiver) provides up to a 100% fee waiver to a maximum of $40,000 per year for the minimum course duration.
The JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship (partial fee waiver) provides a 50% partial fee waiver to a maximum of $20,000 per year for the minimum course duration.