The University of Leicester is inviting students that are interested to propose a study of any aspect of diverse British writing or diverse Creative Writing to apply for its Jean Humphreys PhD Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Leicester is offering this PhD scholarship to both, domestic and international students that want to pursue a PhD study programme in English beginning in the academic year 2022-2023. This scholarship will cover the UK tuition fee of the undertaken programme and provide a stipend of £16,062 for up to 3 years of study.
Wonderful opportunity to get a UK Tuition fee waiver and a stipend of £16,062 on the tuition fee of the applied programme at the University of Leicester.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester is a public research university ranked the 242nd rank for the 2021 QS world university ranking. The university’s mission is to be diverse in its make-up and united in its ambition to change lives through education and research. It gives its students opportunities to provide new ways to understand the world.
Why choose to study at the University of Leicester? The University of Leicester has seen a vision to provide inspiring education and research working in partnership with its communities to become a truly inclusive University. The university is always found at the forefront of research in the field they serve and are actively influencing change and shaping debate globally.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply is 30th April 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and £16,062
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Domestic and international students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programmes in English offered at the University of Leicester can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applications must be able to fund the difference between the UK and International tuition fees for each year of their studies.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the university portal and submit their admission applications. To submit an application for the scholarship, students must click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts
- Details of any study currently being undertaken
- Personal statement
- Enter the proposed supervisor’s name
- Enter contact details of two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload reference letters if already obtained.
- Evidence of English language if applicable
- Full research proposal
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a UK Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2:1 in a relevant subject or overseas equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the English language requirements of the university.
The University of Leicester will award the selected students a UK Tuition fee waiver and a stipend of £16,062 at UKRI rates for up to 3 years of study.