Applications are invited for Jinan Government Scholarships at Shandong University in China. Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
For the education of international students, SDU adheres to the education idea of cultivating high-quality talents that are excellent in majors, sound in personalities, brave to assume responsibilities, law-abiding and friendly to China. Their education idea is based on the need of international students and is beneficial to their future.
An excellent opportunity for Non-Chinese citizens who want to pursue their higher education in China.
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue bachelor, master’s and doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship, mainly used as a fund for tuition fees, includes Full Scholarship and Distinguished International Students Scholarship. Full Scholarship is awarded to full-time international students (including international students studying for a doctor’s degree, a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree) and students of long-term non-degree programs whose programs (including language programs and professional programs) are not shorter than one academic year.
- Distinguished International Students Scholarship is awarded to international students participating in language programs or professional programs shorter than an academic year and short-term exchange students. One student could only be awarded one scholarship.
Name Admission Category Standard Full Scholarship Degree students Not more than 25,000yuan per person per academic year for not longer than the duration of program stipulated by the university. If the program lasts less than an academic year, the sum should be calculated according to the actual duration of it. Long-term non-degree students Not more than 20,000 yuan per person per academic year for not longer than two academic years. If the program lasts less than an academic year, the sum should be calculated according to the actual duration of it. Distinguished International Students Scholarship Non-degree students whose programs are not shorter than three months Not more than 1,000 yuan per person per month and not more than 5,000 yuan per person in total. It is a one-time scholarship—once awarded, the students could not apply for it again within three years. Non-degree students in language programs that last for less than three months; exchange students The standard will be made by the Foreign Affairs Office of Jinan People’s Government according to the situation. It is a one-time scholarship—once awarded, the students could not apply for it again within three years.
- Number of Scholarships: One student could only be awarded one scholarship.
- Nationality: Non-Chinese citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Entrance Requirements:
1) Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens from sister cities of Jinan. Applicants must be in good health and be friendly to China.
2) Applicants must abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government, behave well and meet the entrance requirements of Shandong University.
3) Applicants must have a good attitude towards study. Applicants must not have any record for disobeying regulations of the university.
4) Only applicants that have not received other sorts of fund or scholarship could apply for the scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Look up to the attachments for the requirement of the application documents and send the scanned copy via email to apply-at-sdu.edu.cn. All applicants shall mail the original copy of all application documents to SDU International Student Admissions Office (Address: C301 Mingde Building, Central Campus of Shandong University, No.27 South Shanda Road, Jinan, China). None of the application documents will be sent back to applicants. Students that have already received the scholarship once could only submit the materials through a simplified procedure when applying for a second time. None of the application documents will be sent back to applicants.
- The Application Form for Jinan Sister Cities Scholarship in English or Chinese Application Form for Jinan Sister Cities Scholarship.
- Official graduation certificates (certified photocopies)
- Official, up-to-date transcripts (certified photocopies)
- The biographical/information page of your valid passport
- Completed Foreigner Physical Examination Form or equivalent (certificate of physical health)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (photocopies)
Note: you only have to submit item 1 (Application Form for Jinan Sister Cities Scholarship), if you have already submitted the items 2-6 to our university.
Application Deadline: You are expected to apply for this scholarship at least three months before the enrollment date of your target university. Check the university website for its application period.