The University of Reading is inviting applications for John and Griselda Lewis Postdoctoral Fellowship available from March 2021, or a mutually agreed date and for a period of up to 12 months.
The program is available for International students who want to pursue a postdoctoral degree. The project funding bid would aim to support the production of a new critical edition of Lewis‡ 1962 publication ‘Printed Ephemera.
User Review( votes)
The University of Reading is a public university located in Reading, Berkshire, England. It was founded as a University of Oxford extension college in 1892 as University College, Reading.
Why at the University of Reading? In this university students will achieve a safe environment for studying and the highest level of success in their professional careers.
- University or Organization: University of Reading
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral research program
- Award: £5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International students
- Number of awards: Numbers not given
- Program can be taken in the UK
- Applications Deadline: February 29, 2021
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are welcome to apply.
- Study Subject: They will have a demonstrable interest in printing history, ephemera or the history of typographic design and preferably a strong track record of archival and collections research experience in a relevant area.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have a doctoral degree to apply for this award.
How to Apply
How to Apply: References should be submitted by email, with the applicant‡s name added clearly to the subject line. Applicants should ensure that referees are familiar with the content of their proposal and are able to comment directly on their ability to deliver the work outlined. In instances where the applicants have an institutional affiliation, applicants should seek references from external sources.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants should submit a CV, Written proposal (of up to 1,500 words) indicating how you would approach this project and apportion time to developing the bid and other related research. Applicants should also ensure that references have been provided by two referees by (see submission details below).
- English Language Requirements: The English language levels generally required for our undergraduate courses are outlined in the tables below. However, if you do not yet meet these levels then we can help. When you apply please let us know your current level of English (through your most recent IELTS or equivalent score) and we will advise you on the best route to starting a degree with us.
The program will provide a stipend of £5,000 for successful students.