Applications are being accepted from high-potential students for the Macroecology & Biodiversity Conservation offered by the University of Adelaide. The study programme is available for the academic session 2022-2023.
All interested home country national students and overseas students can participate given that they enrol in a PhD study programme at the Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology of the University of Adelaide.
Great opportunity for students to get higher education in Australia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Adelaide is a public university in the Adelaide state of Australia. Opened in 1874, it the third-oldest university in Australia includes four campuses and five faculties. With 3,600 members of staff, it houses 25,000 students, 30% of whom are international students.
Why study at the University of Adelaide? The University of Adelaide is uniquely situated to define and steer a thriving, entrepreneurial future for South Australia based on knowledge, innovation, and cooperation. It is currently placed 111th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- University: University of Adelaide
- Department: Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SET)
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: AUD$28,854 per annum
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Australian, New Zealand and International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Australian, New Zealand and other nationalities from around the world
- Available Course or Subjects: Full-time PhD research in Macroecology & Biodiversity Conservation.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be awarded, you will need to fulfil the given criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Masters degree in ecology, computational science, mathematics, conservation biology and be acceptable as candidates for a PhD degree at the University of Adelaide and the University of Copenhagen.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants, who are chosen as candidates for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Adelaide. Preliminary applications should be emailed to Associate Professor Damien Fordham
- Supporting Documents: To take admission in this university, you will need to have the following documents:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae and copies of any published papers
- address the selection criteria
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of two referees
- Admission Requirements: Please fulfill the given academic requirements of the university for admission:
- A relevant University of Adelaide bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum distinction average for taking admission in Master of Philosophy
- A relevant University of Adelaide Honors degree or equivalent with at least a second-class Honors (upper division) for taking admission in Doctor of Philosophy
- A postgraduate coursework degree which contains a significant research component and meets the minimum GPA requirements
- A relevant University of Adelaide Research Master (or equivalent)
- Language Requirement: To take direct entry in the PhD program at the university, you need to prove your proficiency in English. The University of Adelaide requires the following tests in this regard:
- IELTS Academic
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test
- PTE Academic
The University of Adelaide will give students an award amount of AUD$28,854 per annum (tax-free 2022 rate, indexed annually) plus a top-up scholarship. The award will be granted for three years based on academic, and financial need.