Applications are open for well known KAAD Scholarships available for students of developing countries in Germany These are awarded to students for pursuing master’s degree, PhD or for a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.
The KAAD supports his scholars in the form and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries.
Admirable Scholarships for Developing Countries.
User Review( votes)
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from developing countries.
Application Deadline: Varies according to the university
- for the opportunity programme 1 of KAAD, you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices. Interested people send as first step the filled questionnaire to Leimbach(at)kaad.de.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Benefits: The KAAD will provide the award amount according to the program.