The Katherine Mansfield Menton Fellowship is for an established creative writer to spend three months or more in Menton in southern France to work on a project or projects. New Zealand citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The primary aim of the residency is for a writer to work on a project in a new environment, and to complete, or substantially complete, a body of writing during the residency.
User Review( votes)
Creative New Zealand encourages promotes and supports the arts in New Zealand for the benefit of all New Zealanders through funding, capability building, our international program and advocacy.
Course Level: This is three months fellowships program.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded to writers.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship of $35,000 value will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Katherine Mansfield Menton Fellowship applicants must:
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who has lived continuously in New Zealand for three years prior to making the application (this requirement excludes any short trips out of the country)
- be a professional practicing writer with a record of achievement
- have the ability to produce a work of substantial literary quality if awarded the fellowship
- be an ambassador for New Zealand and for New Zealand literature.
Nationality: New Zealand citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who has lived continuously in New Zealand for three years prior to making the application (this requirement excludes any short trips out of the country).
How to Apply: Application can be emailed or provided in hard copy format. Please note you can not apply through Creative New Zealand’s online portal.
Applicants should include the following documents:
- Cover sheet
- Conditions of the fellowship signed
- A covering letter
- A written proposal of the work to be undertaken in Menton.
- Details on how this residency will develop your career, provide a new direction or otherwise impact on your work.
- Resumé/literary CV including published work, awards, and professional history.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is 23 September 2016.