Kerala States Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) is inviting applications for Prathisbha Scholarships. These scholarships are available for the students who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala for pursuing B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. courses in Basic / Natural sciences at Institutions/ Universities in India.
The objective of Prathisbha Scholarships is motivating aspiring students to promote a career in Science.
User Review( votes)
The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) is an autonomous body under the ministry of S&T, Kerala, constituted in November 2002 to be an agency for change and development through science and technology.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. programme.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of Basic/Natural Sciences.
Scholarship Award: Students selected for the award of Prathibha Scholarships are eligible for scholarship as follows.
B.Sc. Degree Course/ First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. course
- 1st Year – Rs. 12,000/-
- 2nd Year – Rs. 18,000/-
- 3 rd Year – Rs. 24,000/-
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated M.Sc.- 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated M.Sc.- 60,000/- [Continuation of the scholarship for the postgraduate course is subject to securing minimum 75% mark for Degree course.]
- The scheme also offers opportunities for attending Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed national and state-level R&D institutions in the State.
- Eight Prathibha Scholars (two scholars in each of the disciplines- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) are eligible to be considered for summer programmes at IISER-Trivandrum without screening test. The selection of Prathibha Scholars for summer programmes is subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum.
- The scheme ensures at least 50% of the selection for girl students. 10% of the selection is reserved for SC/ST students
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Students who have qualified with minimum aggregate marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects and minimum 95% aggregate marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects for the Higher secondary Board Examination. Such students should also have secured admission for B.Sc. /Integrated M.Sc. courses in Basic or Natural Science in any of the Institutions or Universities in India.
Nationality: Students from Kerala (India) can apply for these science scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students who have qualified with minimum aggregate marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects and minimum 95% aggregate marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects for the Higher secondary Board Examination.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15th, 2016.