The Knowles Science Teaching Foundation (KSTF) is inviting applications for its 2017 cohort of Teaching Fellows. Approximately 35 Fellowships are open to early-career, high school science and mathematics teachers.
The KSTF Teaching Fellows Program, the Foundation’s signature program, awards exceptional young men and women with five-year, early-career fellowships, empowering them to become primary agents of educational improvement.
User Review( votes)
Course Level: Five-Year Fellowship Supports Early-Career Science and Mathematics Teachers.
Award: Over the course of the five-year Fellowship, KSTF Teaching Fellows receive a comprehensive suite of benefits valued at approximately $150,000, including:
- Membership in a community of 300 like-minded peers in 40 states,
- Funds for professional development,
- Grants for teaching materials,
- Mentoring and support from experienced teachers and teacher educators, and
- Support for teacher leadership activities.
- KSTF Teaching Fellowships are intended to support beginning high school science and mathematics teachers in the United States. Fellows are chosen from among individuals who:
- Have the capacity and determination to commit to teaching as their primary career
- Have earned a degree in a major related to the mathematics or science discipline they intend to teach no later than September 1, 2017. This degree should have been earned no more than 10 years ago
- Have earned or will earn a valid state teaching credential/certificate/license that enables them to teach mathematics or science in grades 9-12 in the United States no earlier than January 1, 2012, and no later than September 1, 2017
- Are entering their first or second year as teacher of record during the 2017–2018 academic year
- Individuals who are not citizens or who hold degrees from outside the United States are eligible for the Teaching Fellowship. However, they must be committed to teaching science or mathematics in U.S. high schools and possess a valid state teaching credential/certificate/license that enables them to teach grades 9-12 in the United States by September 1, 2017
How to Apply: All applications for the KSTF Teaching Fellowship must be submitted online.
Applicants will need to Submit:
- Your name, current mailing address, telephone number, email address, and how you found out about KSTF.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (uploaded in PDF format).
Application Deadline: Application deadline is November 27, 2016.