The Department of Architecture at KU Leuven is now accepting applications for Full-Time Funding (100%) for PhD Project. The programs are available for International students. They offer a full-time appointment in a doctoral fellowship in a creative work environment and a young team.
This project aims to study the ambiguous role of the visitor, as both a constructive and disruptive agent in the development of comprehensive spaces of the display, between 1750 and 1850 in France.
User Review( votes)
KU Leuven is a research and educational institution with international appeal. All courses at this university are based on the innovative research of its scientists and professors.
- Applications Deadline: May 12, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for PhD project. “The fragment and the whole. Architectural constructs in comprehensive settings. Exhibition spaces, the garden treatise and the voyage Pittoresque in France between 1750 and 1850.”
- Scholarship Award: The University offers a doctoral fellowship (100 %) for 1 year (extendable up to 4 years upon positive evaluation by the Faculty Doctoral Commission). As a researcher you will operate in a creative and challenging professional environment within a dynamic team. You conduct research with the aim of obtaining a PhD in Architecture within 4 years under the supervision of a supervisor who is a member of the Faculty of Architecture.
- Nationality: The studentships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The studentships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a keen interest in the history and historical context of architecture,architectural and spatial imageries in written and visual sources (literature,scholarly discourse, catalogues, travel accounts…), within the field of French Studies and/or Eighteenth/Nineteenth Century Studies. The candidate has obtained a Master degree in one of the following fields: architecture, interior architecture, engineering architecture, Romance studies, comparative literature, history of art, history or equivalent. The candidate graduated at least cum laude or has distinguished him or herself in a similar way during his or her academic career or professional life.
The candidate shows a strong interest in conducting academic research in the field of architecture and history of architecture and interior design.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English, proficient in French, with at least a good passive knowledge of Italian.
How to Apply: You can apply for this job no later than May 12, 2019, via the online application tool.