Applications are invited for Kumamoto University Summer Program offered by the College of Cross-Cultural and Multidisciplinary Studies for the academic year 2018-2021.
The Kumamoto University is a Japanese national university located in Kumamoto, Kumamoto Prefecture in the Kyushu region of Japan. The university has about 10,000 students enrolled in its undergraduate and graduate programs. There are seven faculties, eight graduate schools and their affiliated centres and institutes. In addition, the university operates a kindergarten, an elementary school, a junior high school, and a school for disabled children.
User Review( votes)
The English Course will be conducted entirely in English, whereas the Japanese course will be conducted entirely in Japanese.
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2018
- Course Level: This is a summer programme.
- Study Subject: Theme: Each course of the Summer Program has its own study theme. For the English Course, the theme is “Environment and Sustainable Energy.” For the Japanese Course, the theme is “Japanese Language and Culture”.
- Award: Participants in the English Course of the Summer Program may apply for a scholarship of 80,000 Japanese Yen, provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) and Kumamoto University.
- Nationality: This programme is available for only for students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, and Cambodia.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given
- The award can be taken in Japan
Eligible Countries: This programme is available for only for students from the following countries are eligible to apply: Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, Nepal, and Cambodia.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this application you must meet the following requirements:
Participation in this program is open to students who:
?Are undergraduate students studying at universities with which Kumamoto University has the agreement for academic or student exchange
?Have English language proficiency equal to or greater than IELTS level 5 (English Course only)
?Have Japanese language proficiency equal to or greater than JLPT N3 (Japanese Course only)
?Have not previously participated in any of Kumamoto University’s Summer or Spring Programs
*Please note that participation in this program is limited to 45 students. If we receive more than 45 applications for the program, a selection will be held based on the recommendation of your home university.
English Language Requirements: The English Course will be conducted entirely in English, whereas the Japanese course will be conducted entirely in Japanese.
How to Apply: Please request the international office of your university to submit your application by email by May 11, 2018. Please be sure to include a copy of your passport and your academic record (Scholarship applicants only) from your previous year.