Applications are invited for Language Course Scholarships at the Goethe-Institut in Sydney or Melbourne. This scholarship is available to Non-German citizens.
The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide. We promote the study of German abroad and encourage international cultural exchange.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: July 2, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue 4-week intensive language course.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to learn German language course.
- Scholarship Award: The award includes:
A 4-week intensive language course with cultural program and excursions at a Goethe-Institut of your choice in Germany (has to be completed in 2018)
• €800 Travel allowance
• Accommodation with breakfast for the duration of the course
• One main meal on course days
• Basic health insurance for the duration of the course
- Nationality: Available to Non-German citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to Non-German citizens.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The grant is not open to German citizens.
• The scholarship applicant must be enrolled in an extensive course at the Goethe-Institut in Sydney or Melbourne at the time of application (June 2018).
• The scholarship applicant must have completed two extensive German language courses at the Goethe-Institut in Sydney or Melbourne and one of them must have been undertaken between Term 3/2017 and Term 2/2018.
• The scholarship applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please return the application form to the Language Department or send them to learngerman-at-sydney.goethe.org or learngerman-at-melbourne.goethe.org.