The Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship is inviting applications for Legatum fellowship to the applicants who must either be a current MIT Student who will still be enrolled for the year-long duration of the fellowship or admitted to begin a (full-time) degree program at MIT in the fall semester of the coming academic year.
The Legatum Fellowship is a competitive program designed to help aspiring entrepreneurs gain a world-class education at MIT, as well as extensive mentor and community support, in order maximize their likelihood of success as principled, impactful leaders in emerging markets.
User Review( votes)
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology-a world leading research university is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the world in the 21st century.
Only official GRE, TOEFL or IELTS score reports are accepted. The MIT reporting code is 3514.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for students enrolled in MIT degree program or admitted to begin a (full-time) degree program at MIT in the fall semester of the coming academic year.
Study Subject(s) Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
List of Subjects: The program includes: Building knowledge and skills for successful entrepreneurship in developing economies, Domain experts and mentors to provide general guidance, encouragement, or specialized advice on an as-needed basis, Special case studies and other curriculum highlighting aspiring and successful entrepreneurs in low-income countries, Exposure to an extensive entrepreneurial ecosystem of investors, entrepreneurs, potential partners, and new technologies related to development and entrepreneurship.
Scholarship Award: Each Fellow receives funding that can be used to support their school tuition and stipend. Students in their graduating year can access up to $50,000 for tuition; other students can access up to $25,000 with the opportunity for follow on funding in subsequent years. Fellows also receive grants to support travel to emerging markets during the summer and winter breaks in order to build professional relationships, conduct primary market research, test prototypes, or run pilot studies.
Scholarship can be taken at the USA
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the Fellowship, applicants must either be:
- A current MIT Student who will still be enrolled for the year-long duration of the fellowship
- Admitted to begin a (full-time) degree program at MIT in the fall semester of the coming academic year
Nationality: the US and international students are eligible for these Legatum fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be admitted as a regular graduate student, an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of acceptable standing.
Test Requirement: Most MIT departments require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test and an appropriate Subject Test. Please check the departmental listings for information on the department to which you intend to apply.
English Language Requirements: Only official GRE, TOEFL or IELTS score reports are accepted. The MIT reporting code is 3514. Test of English as a Foreign Language Students whose native language is not English may take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 577 (233 for computer-based; 90 for internet-based) is required for visa certification.
- Supporting Material: The online application form will also require you to submit the following:
- References: provide the names and contact information for 3-4 professional references. They should be able to speak to your potential as a principled entrepreneurial leader and/or your commitment to impacting change in the developing world. Legatum staff will only contact references if you are invited for an interview.
- Resume/CV: they ask that you provide the most up-to-date version of your resume or CV 1-pages max).
- Applications will be reviewed by Legatum staff, as well as a committee of MIT faculty and industry experts. Evaluations will be based on the eligibility, applicant, and venture qualifications described above.
- Applicants who make it to the final round will be called for an interview.
- Interviews are by invitation only. Whenever possible, Fellowship finalists are interviewed in person. For those finalists based outside of the United States or unable to visit campus, interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.
How to Apply: All candidates for the Legatum Fellowship are required to submit an online application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 1, 2019.