If you wish to get a funded education from Leiden University, take advantage of a chance to apply for the LION funding for Non-Dutch nationals in the Netherlands for the academic year 2023-2024.
LION funding for Non-Dutch Nationals at Leiden University, Netherlands
Nice offer to study in the Netherlands at Leiden University.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1575, Leiden University is the most senior institution of higher education in the Netherlands and one of the numerous reputed in Europe. For the student’s adequate education, it presents 50 undergraduates, 100 graduates, and 50 doctorates or PhD programs through its seven faculties. The university contains seven intellectual capabilities and over fifty subject departments while housing more than 40 national and international research institutes.
Why study at Leiden University? Leiden University is a top European research university, and we want outstanding importance as a multidisciplinary and research-intensive university. Leiden University shows the perfect base for controlling the duration of your energy in an interaction or analysis abroad program. It enables instruction and understanding, unit construction, overseas deals, aptitude cultivation, and the artistic structure of the campus and furnishes investigators with different positions and grants.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2023
- University or Organization: Leiden University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: MSc program in Physics
- Award: € 6000 per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1
- Nationality: Non-Dutch nationals
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: Non-Dutch nationals are eligible for a scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the MSc program in Physics offered by Leiden University.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Physics or a Physics-related program from a foreign research university with a level similar to Dutch universities and be eligible to apply.
- Candidates have sufficient in-depth knowledge and theoretical/mathematical skills on topics like quantum physics, electrodynamics, statistical physics, and complex analysis, equivalent to those of the undergraduate courses of the Leiden BSc Physics curriculum.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must submit an online application for admission to the MSc program in Physics. After enrolling, they can fill out the online application for a scholarship at the university. Send an e-mail to: [email protected] to indicate that you are applying for a LION scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A copy of a valid passport or ID card
- Copy of a Dutch residence permit (if applicable)
- CV (résumé)
- Language proficiency (if applicable)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Letters of motivation
- Letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Students have to complete the admission requirements of Leiden University.
- Language Requirement: Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
Leiden University will provide each scholarship (€ 6000 per year) awarded for one year, renewable for the second year, subject to satisfactory performance (i.e., 60EC with a GPA>8 in the first year). They advised scholarships do not exempt from the tuition fee of Leiden University, or the possible ‘proof of sufficient funds for the student visa/residence permit application to the Dutch Immigration Office (required for non-EER nationals)