The London South Bank University and other supporter organisations are offering postgraduate placements for the academic year 2017. Home, EU or International students can apply for these endowments.
The main objective of the University is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
User Review( votes)
London South Bank University (LSBU) is an active research university across their seven schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning their teaching and strongly enhancing their student experience.
If applicants’ first language is not English they must be able to provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which they have applied.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing a postgraduate programme at London South Bank University.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all subjects available at the London South Bank University.
Award: The Vice-Chancellor’s programme offers a range of awards from £1,000 bursaries to a full fee waiver, creating opportunities for a variety of postgraduate students. The programme is made possible by donations to the University’s Annual Fund from alumni and other supporters.
- Excellence Award: Fee waiver, not exceeding £8,000 in total, for a postgraduate programme at LSBU, plus a £1,000 cash award.
- Merit Award: £1,000 cash award with an additional £1,000 off your fees for your postgraduate programme at LSBU.
- Alumni Award: £1,000 award bursary
- Community Award: £1,000 award bursary.
The award can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants invite they to apply for a scholarship if you hold a conditional or unconditional offer for one of LSBU’s postgraduate programmes. Study can be either full- or part-time. Courses taken across more than one year will be paid on a pro-rata basis, with the total amount not exceeding £8,000.
- Academic excellence (qualifications obtained from outside the UK will be assessed for equivalency using Enic-Naric)
- Evidence of an applicant’s commitment to their future career and previous practical or academic achievement.
Nationality: UK, EU or International students can apply for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants need either a first degree (usually at least a 2:2) or a minimum three years’ post-qualification experience in a relevant field to take a postgraduate degree at LSBU.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: English language qualifications needed to study at LSBU:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): 6.5, subject to the course.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)*UKBA SELT: Overall score: 60 Note: the minimum score required in each skill area is 51
- GCSE / O-Level / IGCSE: Grade C
- Cambridge Advanced; Cambridge Proficiency; Cambridge BEC Higher: Grade C
- Pitman City and Guilds ESOL (English as a Second or Other Language): Advanced pass
- Edexcel London Test of English: Level 5
- LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry) English for Business: Level 2.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online via email after they firmly accept their unconditional or conditional offer to study at LSBU. They recommend applicants apply for their place at LSBU as soon as possible to ensure they have been made an offer and have time to complete their application.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for September 2017 entry is Friday June 30, 2017.