Master of Arts in International Development Studies (MAIDS), Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand is offering scholarships for international students. These opportunities are available for students who wish to pursue a master’s degree in the field of international development.
The course aims to enable students to gain practical experience in development through internships, field visits, and projects based in the community.
User Review( votes)
The Master of Arts in International Development Studies Program (MAIDS) is the first of its kind at Chulalongkorn University.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue master’s degree programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study international development studies.
- POLSCI-ASEAN-MAIDS Scholarships: This scholarship is offered for 1 Thai student and 1 non-Thai student.
- POLSCI-CACCPSA Scholarships: The sponsorship will cover the entire tuition fee and program fee for the successful candidate.
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Scholarships: This scholarship offers full support for candidates’ tuition and program fees.
- For prospective students from Myanmar, please see the “Heinrich Boell Scholarships”. Full support for two students are available.
- The Scholarship from the Graduate School, Chulalongkorn University to commemorate The Celebrations on the Auspicious Occasion of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s 5th Cycle ( 60th) Birthday.
Number of Awards: Five scholarship are awarded and For Scholarship, the application can be made only after receiving an acceptance letter from the MAIDS program.
- POLSCI-ASEAN-MAIDS Scholarships: 2 Scholarships
- POLSCI-CACCPSA Scholarships: 2 Scholarships
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Scholarships: 1 Scholarship
The award can be taken in Thailand
- The Master of Arts Program in International Development Studies (MAIDS) annually offers a funding for applicants from the ten ASEAN member countries titled “POLSCI-ASEAN-MAIDS Scholarship.”
- This year, the MAIDS program offers one scholarship, “POLSCI-CACCPSA Scholarship,” for a Thai applicant who intends to do their Thesis on the topic of Climate Change.
- For Myanmar and Vietnamese nationals, you are welcome to apply for the opportunity , “Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).”
Nationality: Thai and international students can apply for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should possess, or expect shortly to obtain, an undergraduate degree, or equivalent qualification, in social sciences. Applicants should also have work or volunteer experience in international development. Mature students, NGO workers, and junior to middle level government officials, with experience in development, are encouraged to apply. Students with no work experience in international development will need to engage in at least three months of fieldwork with a development organization prior to enrollment. Priority is given to applicants who have had previous work experience in development, either with public or private sector NGOs.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidates who fall into one of the two categories will be required to demonstrate an acceptable level of language proficiency:
- English is not the first language.
- Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English.
The following English language proficient certificates are accepted:
Applicants are expected to have achieved an overall band score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS, 550 on the paper-based and 213 on computer-based TOEFL, or 80 on the CU-TEP. English tests must be less than two years old at the time of application.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent by post or via email.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.