The Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invites applications for 6 MacGillavry Fellowships (Tenure-track position for talented female researchers). These fellowships are available in the field of Biological Science and Biomedical Science, Earth Sciences (Physical Geography), Informatics and Logic, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Mathematics and Statistics.
The University of Amsterdam is a university with an internationally acclaimed profile, located in the heart of the Dutch capital. As well as a world centre for business and research, Amsterdam is a hub of cultural and media activities. We are a member of the League of European Research Universities.
- Application deadline: 4 February 2019
- Course Level: Position is available for a PhD researcher.
- Study Subject: Computational Social Choice
- Scholarship Award:
- The annual salary range for an assistant professor, including annual holiday allowance and the bonus is between € 50,755 and € 78,935 (before tax), depending on experience and past performance;
- generous holiday leave arrangements;
- application for attractive fiscal arrangements (the ‘30% rule’) is possible for employees from abroad;
- participation in the Dutch pension scheme for university personnel;
- collective discount on health insurance;
- excellent parental leave packages.
- Nationality: Talented female researchers are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The students of the Netherlands can apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- a PhD degree in one of the scientific disciplines of our Faculty;
- a scientific profile that links to one of the research fields eligible for application;
- a publication record in international, high quality, peer-reviewed journals;
- a few years of postdoctoral experience, preferably at the international level;
- affinity for teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level;
- well-developed organisational and communication skills.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: To apply for the MacGillavry Fellowship you are invited to use the application form on the MacGillavry website of the Faculty of Science.