Postdoctoral Fellowship or Associate Scientist in Plant Breeding and Seed Systems at CIMMYT in Kenya -2012
Study Subject(s):Plant Breeding and Seed Systems
Course Level:Postdoctoral Fellow or Associate Scientist
Scholarship Provider: CIMMYT
The award can be taken at: Africa
User Review( votes)
• PhD degree in plant breeding or closely related field.
• Applied knowledge of experimental design, management of field trials, field breeding operations, and data analysis.
• Aptitude for field-based crop research.
• Excellent computer skills and experience with SAS, GENSTAT, or other statistical software.
• A record of publications in peer reviewed journals of repute
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, with an ability to communicate information in a cogent and informative manner.
• Strong self motivation and innovative skills, coupled with interest in international agricultural research and development
• Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural partnerships.
• Demonstrated good communication and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Description: Use your skills in plant breeding and seed systems to help ensure food security for the poor in Africa! The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is looking for an innovative, results-oriented young scientist with excellent skills in plant breeding and seed systems to support the development and deployment of high-yielding, stress-tolerant maize germplasm in Sub-Saharan Africa. The scientist will work as a member of CIMMYT‡s Global Maize Program (GMP), and will play a key role in a large multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional team focusing on improving the productivity of maize-legume systems in eastern and southern Africa. The position will be based at the CIMMYT office in Nairobi, Kenya, but will involve frequent travel, including to other CIMMYT field sites in Africa, besides active collaboration with public and private seed enterprises, and local and international partners.
How to Apply: Online
application Deadline: September 5, 2011