Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Introduction to Managerial Economics. An introduction to Microeconomics and its impact on managerial decision making in today’s business world
This course will provide a simple introduction to Managerial Economics and use minimum mathematics. This course will start on October 1, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 5-6 hours pw
Subject: Business and Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $25
Session: Course Starts on October 1, 2018
We are known for excellence in both teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government and civil society across the globe. We collaborate with over a hundred leading management schools in several countries on research initiatives and student and faculty exchange programs. The Financial Times has rated our doctoral program in the top fifty globally. Eduniversal, Paris, has ranked us the best business school in Central Asia.
About This Course
A successful manager makes good decisions. To make good decisions, you need to understand the market forces that impact your business and personal life. This is true for managers in large multinationals or small businesses, in non-profit organizations or in the government. Individuals and households also make decisions.
Why Take This Course?
They decide on what to learn, where to work, how much to save, where to invest, and what goods to buy, among others. Most modern societies depend on markets to organize economic activity: they are market economies. A large number of decisions you make as individuals or as managers relate to markets. So it is important for you to know how markets work and how to make good decisions as a manager or as an individual operating in a market environment. This is what this course will teach you.
- How markets work; supply, demand and market equilibrium
- Elasticity of supply and demand, taxes and subsidies
- Production of goods and services, measures of productivity
- Making decisions for hiring and spending on infrastructure
- Opportunity costs, different cost concepts, planning for the future
- Pricing and selling decisions with different types of competitive pressures
- Problems with markets and what we can do about it
Subhashish Gupta is an Associate Professor at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He has been teaching Managerial Economics to MBA students and in Executive Education programs for more than 15 years. His research interests are in microeconomics and industrial organization theory, particularly in the fields of telecommunications, antitrust economics, economics of organizations and marketing.
Basic analytical and logical reasoning skills: the ability to understand and draw simple graphs and knowledge of elementary (10th standard, high school) algebra.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)