To provide international students with the support they need to chase a research study degree in Australia, Western Sydney University has come up with the Master of Research International Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
International students that demonstrate strong academic performance in the area of research interest are enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at an advanced level at WSU will be deemed eligible to be awarded this scholarship towards a master’s degree program. The award will contain a stipend of $24,000 and a tuition fee waiver.
User Review( votes)
Western Sydney University, an Australian multi-campus university ranked 51st in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and firmly positioned among the top 2% of international universities, aims to assure success to its students, impactful research and excellence, sustainability, equity, transformation, and connectedness.
Why choose to study at Western Sydney University? Western Sydney University highly values academic excellence, integrity, and the pursuit of knowledge. WSU has a campus that meets the needs of a changing work environment that gives students unlimited opportunities and resources to learn, travel and work.
Application Deadline: 14th November 2021
- University or Organization: Western Sydney University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master of Research or PhD
- Award: $24,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to make an application.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a master of research or PhD program at Western Sydney University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.5.
- The applicants must have evidence of professional experience which has contributed to their research skills or training and/or authorship in a peer-reviewed publication.
- The applicants must hold a Statement of Supervision Support from a Western Sydney University academic.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply online for a research degree online through the application portal of the university. Scholarship application details can be obtained here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certified copies of all tertiary graduation certificates and academic transcripts for degrees completed outside of Western Sydney University
- Certified evidence of citizenship status (e.g. passport, birth certificate, citizenship papers, etc.) or certified evidence of residency status (for Australian permanent residents only)
- A letter of support from your proposed supervisor
- A statement of intent that clearly identifies your area of research interest
- Evidence of relevant employment or experience directly related to research training (if applicable)
- Statement of intent that explains how your proposed research will address the “women and gender and sexuality diverse persons in the global south” research field and international activity,
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have achieved an Average Admission Mark of 85 or above and must submit a letter of intent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEDL IBT – 82
- PTE – 58
The scholarships awarded by WSU to the selected students will include a stipend of $24,000(AUD) per annum for two years and a tuition fee waiver.