The University of Maiduguri is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for master degree in Cultural Sustainability. International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
The interdisciplinary Graduate School ‘Performing Sustainability: Cultures and Development in West Africa’ is a collaborative training network for postgraduate students by the University of Hildesheim (Germany), the University of Maiduguri (Nigeria) and the University of Cape Coast (Ghana)
User Review( votes)
The initiative is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and focuses on innovative research that brings together approaches from performance, arts and culture to bear on sustainable development as defined in the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Applications Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue a Master’s degree
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study Master in Cultural Sustainability.
- Scholarship Award: Participants in the Graduate School will pay the respective tuition fees for the programs they are enrolled in, but all costs in relation to the Graduate School (workshops, access to library and technical material) will be covered. Scholarship holders will additionally receive a monthly stipend.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Number of Scholarships: Six 2-year scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Nigeria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates will be selected based on their qualification and motivation. Special emphasis is placed on gender balance. We particularly encourage women and people from diverse backgrounds to apply. International applicants are eligible to apply but requested to relocate to Maiduguri for the study period.
English Language Requirements: A very good command of English in oral and written communication is mandatory.
How to Apply: To apply please send the following documents:
- Research project proposal (maximum 5 pages)
- Motivation letter (2 pages) stating qualifications and interest and also indicating the specific graduate program the applicant wishes to enroll in
- CV in English
- Certificates and other relevant credentials
- 2 letters of academic reference Selection will take place in October 2018