The Master’s Research Scholarship (MaRS) program provides short-term scholarships to support visiting masters students to work on research projects in the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Italian Switzerland (USI).
Participating students visit USI for one semester to work on a research project under the guidance of a USI faculty member with the objective of applying the work towards a master’s thesis at the student’s home university.
User Review( votes)
The Faculty of Informatics at the University of Italian Switzerland (USI) stands out as a centre of competence in advanced informatics. The Faculty aims to train informatics experts that are interdisciplinary in approach, with abstract thinking and generalisation skills, a sound knowledge in the application fields of information technologies, as well as project management and teamwork abilities.
- Course Level: Research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Italian Switzerland (USI).
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship recipient will receive 5,000 CHF to help cover travel and living expenses for the visiting student for the duration of their stay.
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
To apply, students should first consult the published list of research groups and topic proposal. Students must indicate one or more topics of interest in their application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this award, aspirants must take part in a research program at the university. After that they can send their applications via email to mars-at-usi.ch.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Transcript of grades (Master)
- Letter of support from a professor at their home university
- Motivation letter
- A copy of passport
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020.