The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University is offering MBA Scholarships. These opportunities are available for non-Japanese applicants who wish to study at GLOBIS in 2018.
GLOBIS The studentships are available to students who demonstrate the potential to contribute to the GLOBIS community through strong academic performance and exceptional leadership qualities.
User Review( votes)
The Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University is a graduate business school in Tokyo, Japan. Their mission is to develop visionary leaders who create and innovate societies.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing MBA programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of business administration.
Award: GLOBIS Online Scholarship
- Eligibility: Applicants who expect to enroll in 2018 and to earn more than 75% of the credits required for graduation (i.e. 27 credits) through online courses.
- aid amount: The scholarship can cover up to 50% of the tuition.
GLOBIS On-Campus Scholarship
- Eligibility: Non-Japanese applicants who expect to enroll in 2018 and are not applying for the Online Scholarship.
- aid amount: The scholarship can cover up to 25% of the tuition.
The aid amount does not cover the following fees and expenses: enrollment fee, additional tuition for long-term enrollment, non-GLOBIS textbooks, extra-curricular expenses (ex. off-site elective courses) and living expenses.
(GLOBIS Online Scholarship recipients only) Additional tuition shall be charged when the credits earned through online courses fall short of 75% of the credits required for graduation (i.e. 27 credits). Additional tuition per 1 credit for the shortfall is JPY 82,250.
Following are the eligibility and application/selection process that are common to both GLOBIS Online and On-Campus Scholarships:
The award can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: To receive a scholarship, applicants must adhere to the following conditions:
- Enrollment in the Part-time On-campus & Online MBA Program in 2018.
- Continuous efforts to accomplish what is stated in the program essay and contribute to the program.
- Expect to successfully complete the requirements for graduation.
- Cooperation with GLOBIS’ marketing activities, such as providing or participating in interviews, photos, profiles, and stories for internal and external use. Permission will be requested prior to publishing and, if unable to cooperate, you can inform the office of the reason and an exception will be considered.
- Outstanding performance during admission including but not limited to extensive international business experience, strong academic background, potential contribution to the GLOBIS student body and native-level English proficiency.
- Sufficient need of financial assistance.
Nationality: Non-Japanese applicants are eligible to apply for this application .
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants to GLOBIS University need to satisfy the following requirements at the time of entrance. If applicants do not meet one or more requirements, they will be required to undergo a Preliminary Screening.
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience
- Meet one of the following criteria:
(1) Received a bachelor’s degree from a recognised college or university.
(2) Completed a 16-year curriculum of school education in an institution outside of Japan and possess a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
(3) Received confirmation from GLOBIS University that academic capacity is equivalent to that of a university or college graduate.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Please submit the program essay along with GLOBIS application information on the Online Admission System. The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Personal Data (required for all)
- Photo (required for all)
- Letter of Recommendation (required for all)
- Transcript (required for all)
- Certificate of Graduation
- Evidence of English Ability
- Essays (required for all)
- GMAT/GRE Score Report (optional)
- CV (optional)
- Statement of Financial Resources (all non-Japanese applicants)
Application Deadline: Closed