SOAS, University of London is inviting applications for Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Research Scholarships for the academic year 2020-21. UK/EU and International applicants are eligible to apply for these endowments.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible with the changing needs of the students.
Worthy offer for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution.
The English Language requirement for all SOAS, University of London postgraduate programmes is 60% overall in the FDPS Academic English course or the standard IELTS requirements.
- Application Deadline: Applications will open on January 23, 2020, and closes on May 7, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing full-time MPhil/PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Japanese Studies.
- Award: Each scholarship is valued at £7,000 in total.
- Number of Awards: Two opportunities are available.
- Nationality: UK/EU and International applicants
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and International applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for programmes :
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants
- Current PhD students at SOAS or newly enrolling full-time MPhil students with an offer of admission are eligible.
- It is important that your referees comment on your skill in Japanese in the areas of reading, composition and speaking.
- Applicant must possess an MA degree from SOAS or an equivalent institution in a relevant subject.
- How to Apply: You can apply for this application via the on-line application form
- In addition to the online application, new applicants only (new admissions, starting in September 2020), must submit a complete on-line application for admission.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants (new admissions, i.e. starting in September 2017) must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If their offer is conditional on English, they have to arrange their English test and ensure they meet the English requirements as soon as possible.