The Quebec Ministry of Higher Education (MEES) is offering merit awards for International students. These are available for students enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college.
To be eligible, students must be a full-time student for both the fall and winter terms in the program. These are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Marvelous Scholarships for International Students.
User Review( votes)
CEGEP is a publicly funded pre-university college in the province of Quebec’s education system.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2021
- International students can apply for these endowments.
- To be eligible, you must be an international student, that is:
- You have come to Quebec to study and studying is your primary activity; and
- You are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada as defined by law and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, nor have you submitted an application for permanent residence;
Be from one of the following 44 countries*: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Benin, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Togo, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
- Be enrolled full time in a career program at a Quebec college; meet the admission criteria of your program of studies as well as the requirements that will allow you to earn a DEC during your stay as a Quebec student.
- Be preselected by your CEGEP, having already received a favorable admission decision;
- To receive the education, you must have all legal authorisations required by immigration authorities: Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for Studies issued by MIDI, Quebec’s Ministry of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusion; study permit issued by Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); if required to fulfill a mandatory internship, a work permit.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To receive your first merit scholarship disbursement, you must:
- Have arrived in Quebec and hold a CAQ for studies, a study permit, and a work permit (if required to fulfill a mandatory internship). These documents must be valid for the entire period your award is to cover;
- Be committed to studying full-time and completing the program of study for which you have requested the free study.
- You may hold a student job as long as you respect the restrictions which apply to international students; attend the college that submitted your application.
- Students receiving free study may not change schools.
- Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit two letters of recommendation, Photocopies of each diploma, transcript/report card, proof of internship, A copy of the identification page of your valid passport or other official documents, A letter of motivation, A copy of the birth certificate, admission letter from your CEGEP.
The Merit award is valued at $14,000 annually. All awards recipients will also be awarded: A waiver of tuition fees normally paid by international students; Health insurance from the Régie de l’assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ), which is Quebec’s provincial health care plan.