Starting with the year 2017 the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (METI) awards National Development Scholarships to outstanding Barbadians students. These opportunities are available for undergraduate and postgraduate programme in diverse fields.
The aim of The grants is to promote learning as a collaborative experience.
User Review( votes)
The Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (METI) is primarily responsible for the formulation of educational policies, and the administration and regulation of education programmes.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate degree.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the following fields:
- Animal Nutrition
- Aviation Law
- Behavioural Health Counselling
- Bilateral and Multilateral Negotiations/Law
- Child and Adolescent Mental Bealth I4ursing
- Conservation Studies (in the area of Metal, Stone, Paper and Wood)
- Electronics and Computer Design
- Forensic Pathology
- Geographic Information Systems
- ICT Application Software Development
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Bygiene
- Plant Breeding
- Renewable Energy
- Special Needs Education
- Sports Psychology
- Substance Abuse Management
- Vocational and Technical Education
Award: These financial aid positions will cover the followings:
- One direct economy class ticket to the country of study at the commencement of the course, and one return ticket to Barbados on completion of that programme.
- Full tuition fees, payable directly to the University
- A book allowance of $1 000 (once);
- A clothing allowance of $736 (once), applicable for students pursuing studies in cold countries.
- Living allowance of
- $6 300 per annum for students pursuing studies in the USA;
- $5 880 per annum for studies in Canada
- $7 560 per annum for studies in the United Kingdom.
- Successful applicants will be required to enter a bond with sureties to return and work in Barbados on completion of the course, on the basis of one year for each year of the award.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
The award can be taken in UK, Canada and USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the opportunity :
- Be citizens of Barbados
- Be between the age of eighteen (18) and forty (40); and
- Have been accepted at an Internationally accredited University
Nationality: Barbadians applicants are eligible for these endowments.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Application forms and further information may be obtained from the Tertiary Section of the Ministry of Education.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 16, 2017.