The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is happy to announce Fellowships for (Junior/Senior) researchers at the University of Ghana from September to December 2020 on “Parliaments and Democracy in Africa”. The research program is open for both senior and junior researchers from Africa, Germany and the rest of the world.
Overarching aims of MIASA are working towards a reduction of global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between anglophone and francophone Africa. MIASA will serve as a hub for exchange, networking and collaboration amongst leading researchers from Germany, Ghana, the African and European continent and beyond. It will also offer ample funding opportunities for early-career researchers.
A first-rate option to get study by research in Africa with the decent award.
User Review( votes)
The Merian initiative is a special initiative by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research which was launched in 2015. Its overarching aim is to support research in the Humanities and Social Sciences in the Global South by establishing and maintaining International Centres (or: Institutes) for Advanced Studies for a period of up to 12 years.
- Applications Deadline: October 15, 2019, 24 h CET
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: MIASA’s three research foci are: sustainable environmental transformation, sustainable conflict management, and sustainable democracy.
- Scholarship Award: The fellows’ salary costs will be met by MIASA on the principle of “no loss, no gain” and paid directly to their home institution. MIASA will provide accommodation and reimburse travel costs. Furthermore, all fellows will receive a monthly allowance of 400 €. In addition, MIASA will provide a research cost contribution towards fieldwork costs that fellows can apply for to support their research undertaken at MIASA (250 €/fellow months).
- Nationality: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible for application are junior and senior researchers from around the globe after completion of their PhD in a relevant discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences. Applicants must propose a research project that matches the research focus of the IFG on “The Governance of Energy Transitions in the Global South”.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- The completed application form together with the required documents has to be uploaded on the application webpage (https://frias.wufoo.com/forms/miasa-ifg-energy-transitions/) and submitted by October 15, 2019; 24.00 h CET.
- Information on the application and selection process (required documents, eligibility criteria, evaluation criteria, timeline and stages of the selection process) and the interdisciplinary fellow group is provided at https://www.ug.edu.gh/mias-africa/sites/mias-africa/files/images/190616 Application guidelines_MIASA Fellowships IFG 4.pdf