The United States Department of Energy (DOE) is inviting applications for Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program. This is a 10 weeks summer programme for graduate students, postmasters, undergraduates and post-associates.
The Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program provides college students with an opportunity to gain and develop research skills with the Department of Energy’s Office of Fossil Energy for 10 weeks over the summer.
User Review( votes)
The mission of the MLEF program is to strengthen a diverse pipeline of future STEM professionals, and this program has mentored several hundred of the best and brightest students from across the nation for future careers in STEM.
- Application Deadline: December 17, 2018
- Course Level: This is a 10 weeks summer programme for Graduate Students, Post-Master’s, Undergraduates and Post-Associate’s.
- Study Subject: Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship (MLEF) Program has provided students with fellowship opportunities to gain hands-on research experience with the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy.
- Award: During the 10 weeks, Fellows will receive a stipend and some students may be eligible to receive housing and travel allowance for the duration of the program.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: US citizens
- The award can be taken in USA
- Eligible Countries: US citizens are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The MLEF is open to all students who meet the following application requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- At time of application, be currently enrolled full-time as a degree-seeking student in a STEM program at an accredited college or university at the Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral level.
- Must be at least a college sophomore at the time of application. Students pursuing an Associate’s degree are eligible to apply if transferring to pursue a Bachelor’s degree for Fall 2019.
- Be available to participate in the full 10-week program
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
- Degree: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or Doctoral Degree.
- Overall GPA: 3.00
- Age: Must be 18 years of ageScholarships in the USA
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. A complete application consists of:
- An application
- Transcripts – Click here for detailed information about acceptable transcripts
- A current resume/CV, including academic history, employment history, relevant experiences, and publication list
- Two educational or professional references
To increase your chances of being selected for the MLEF program, we recommend:
1.Reading the eligibility criteria carefully to make sure you can be considered for this program.
2.Spending the necessary time on application and your resume.
a.Answer each question.
b.Effective and efficient writing is valued over quantity of writing.
3.Ensuring that everything you submit is grammatically correct, clearly expressed and neatly organized.
a.Write a draft, edit it repeatedly, and ask someone whose judgement you trust to read it and make suggestions for improvement.
b.Use a word processor to draft your answers and then copy and paste to the application.
4.Lining up your recommendations early! Don’t wait until the last minute.
5.Asking questions! Contact us at mlef-at-hq.doe.gov if something isn’t clear.
6.SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION! We can’t select you if you don’t submit an application!