The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is inviting applications for MINERVA fellowship programme available for EU and Japanese professionals (trade and economic analysts, academics, scientists, civil servants).
This is a 6 months in-house fellowship scheme worth 2000 EUR/month in Japan which is designed to support its research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues.
A fine offer for EU and Japanese professionals.
User Review( votes)
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation is a unique venture between the European Commission and the Japanese Government. It is a non-profit organisation established as an affiliate of the Institute of International Studies and Training (IIST).
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2019, at 17:50 Tokyo (local time)
- Course Level: The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation proposes a 6 months in-house fellowship scheme in Japan, designed to support its research and policy analysis of EU-Japan economic and industrial issues.
- Study Subject: The Research Fellow will undertake research work on a selected priority topic of the Centre, which should result in a consistent policy report (70-100 pages), to be owned by the Centre.
- Award: The fellowship is worth 1700-2000 EUR/month (paid in JPY) and covers a period of 6 months: The fellowship is expected to cover basic daily expenses and accommodation in Tokyo. A Research Fellow selected from outside Japan will receive an additional travel subsidy of up to 1000 EUR.Insurance: the Research Fellow shall take out a personal insurance policy for the whole duration of the Fellowship to cover:
- Personal health,
- Accident insurance,
- Third-party liability (private life): insurance against the loss of, or damage to, his/her personal property, and insurance against any injury, loss or damage suffered by a third person for which the Participant is personally liable.
This policy shall be taken out prior to the beginning of the fellowship. (The Centre may provide assistance in this matter if the participant is an EU national not residing in Japan.)
The EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation will provide assistance in obtaining the visa for Japan.
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: EU applicants
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: EU (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and UK) and Japanese professionals can apply for this MINERVA fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered eligible for the Programme:
- Candidates must be citizens of an EU Member-State or a COSME Third Country (*) or Japan. They must be professionals (trade and economic analysts, academics, scientists, civil servants) with a proven interest in EU-Japan cooperation from multiple perspectives (trade/market access, industrial policy issues, R&D, etc…).
- Minimum requirements: EU / COSME or Japanese citizenship, university degree, strong interest and motivation in Japan and EU-Japan relations.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The candidates should specify the slot for which they are applying. Application documents to be submitted: CV, Covering Letter, Research Topic-Research Plan (1-2 A4 pages). The application materials and eventual requests for clarification should be sent electronically to the following address: minerva-at-eu-japan.gr.jp.