The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is inviting applications for Vanuatu Government Scholarships to pursue the undergraduate degree as well as the postgraduate degree program. The NSTB is responsible for undertaking a fair, transparent and merit-based selection of candidates for the award.
Vanuatu Government provides the key means for the Government to build the human resources the nation needs in order to achieve our development goals across our Society, Environment, and Economy pillars. As such all educations awarded must be directly linked to the Vanuatu Government Priority Framework.
Fantastic Scholarships at Regional Institutions.
User Review( votes)
The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is the largest service deliverer and employer in Vanuatu. Their vision is for a caring education system which provides every young person with lifelong skills, values, and confidence to be self-reliant.
Aviation-related Training in 2018
The Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) is currently in the process of working with the Civil Aviation Authority Vanuatu (CAAV) and other aviation-related sector partners to develop a long term sustainable strategy to meet aviation sector workforce needs in Vanuatu. This strategy will be completed in 2018 for implementation in 2019. For this reason, no applications for pilot or aircraft engineering training will be taken in this application round.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All those who wish to be considered for a 2018 Vanuatu Government must REGISTER online
- These are available to pursue undergraduate as well as the postgraduate program.
- The eligibility criteria for applicants wishing to undertake postgraduate study is divided into two sections: Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma/Masters and PhD.
- This includes those who are Current Yr12 (Australia)/Yr13/ Baccalauréat students studying in any other country (e.g. Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Kiribati, New Zealand, New Caledonia) who wish to be considered for a Vanuatu Government in 2018.
- After you have registered you will be guided to all the other information you must provide for your application. The application information you need to submit will differ depending on the category you fall under.
- No paper-based applications will be accepted
To be considered for a scholarship all applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Vanuatu;
- Be studying in an area identified as a priority in the Scholarship Priority Framework1; and
- Not have a criminal record, or court case pending at the time of application.
The Vanuatu Government Postgraduate Study Eligibility Criteria 2018 supports:
- High performing undergraduates who are recommended by their institutions as having the capacity to successfully proceed directly to a postgraduate study program; and
- Those in the workforce who demonstrates, or has the potential to demonstrate, leadership expertise within their workplace/sectors.
- Citizen of Vanuatu is eligible to apply for this program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to be considered applicants first need to be registered online. This Registration Form is completed by all those who wish to be considered for a 2018 Vanuatu Government free study.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Official academic transcript/results, Letter of support from the employer, My Program Requirements, Copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
Vanuatu Government grants will make a contribution to research expenses for awardees enrolled in research-based Postgraduate programs (i.e. Master’s; Ph.D.). It should be noted that this is a contribution only, and additional funding for research expenses must be sought from other sources, including any academic faculty budget. The following research expenses may be claimed for:
1) Master’s thesis: A maximum of VT 50,000 may be claimed for research expenses only.
2) PhD thesis: A maximum of VT100, 000 per year of the award (maximum of three years full-time enrolment), up to a maximum of VT300, 000 can be claimed for research expenses only. An estimated budget must be provided with all research degree applications.
Application Deadline: Closed