Do you want to start your studies in 2023? Applications are open for the 2023/2024 academic year. Apply for the 2023 Ministry of Education Taiwan Scholarship.
The Taiwan Scholarship aims to encourage outstanding international students from Canada to pursue a university degree in Taiwan. One Canadian student may be selected as a scholarship recipient for 2023.
Nice offer for Canadian student to study in Taiwan.
User Review( votes)
Why apply to this program? Selected students will receive up to NT$40,000 per semester to cover tuition & miscellaneous fees and a monthly living allowance to cover living expenses during staying in Taiwan.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023.
- University or Organization: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor, Master, PhD
- Award: Stipend and up to NT$40,000/semester for tuition and miscellaneous fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for four years of a bachelor’s degree, two years of a master’s degree, and four years of a doctoral degree.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students (excluding students from mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau)
- Only accept applications from Canadian citizens whose permanent addresses are in provinces of Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador. If applicants are a resident of Western Canada, apply to the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Vancouver.
How to Apply
Application Form for Ministry of Education Taiwan Scholarship
- How to Apply: Applicants must send the documents listed below to the Education Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in Canada (45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1960, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1A4) by March 31, 2023. Applicants must ensure that the envelope is postmarked.
- Supporting Documents: An application package must include:
- 2023 Taiwan Scholarship Application Form
- A copy of the applicant’s Canadian passport or other nationality certificates
- Authenticated or sealed copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts
- A copy of a document proving the applicant has applied to a university/college in Taiwan
- A copy of a language proficiency certificate if applicable
- Two letters of reference signed and in sealed envelopes
- A copy of the Taiwan Scholarship Terms of Agreement, signed by the applicant
- Admission Requirements: NA
- Language Requirement: English skills must be required.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- Tuition and Miscellaneous expenses: Up to NT$40,000 per semester to cover tuition and miscellaneous fees (including credit fees). If the combined total of tuition and fees exceeds NT$40,000, the scholarship recipient will be liable for any outstanding amount. The following items are not covered by the scholarship: administrative fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, and internet access.
- Stipend: Monthly living allowance to cover living expenses during staying in Taiwan. Recipients pursuing an undergraduate degree will receive a monthly stipend of NT$15,000; recipients pursuing a graduate degree (MA or PhD) will receive a monthly stipend of NT$20,000.
- For a list of universities that help cover tuition and fees that remain following the NT$40,000 scholarship payment, refer to the Universities/Colleges Providing Tuition & Miscellaneous Expense Discounts for MOE Taiwan Scholarship Recipients 2023 Academic Year.