This session Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering an open online version of course, ‘Mobile Application Experiences Part 3: Building Mobile Apps.’ This course helps to create apps for iOS or Android.
This free online course teaches how to take your app idea from a paper prototype to a working application for iOS or Android.
Best course for students.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks course
Effort: 10-12 hours/week
Subject: Mobile Application Experiences
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology & edX.
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $ 49
Session: Dates to be announced
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. MITx courses embody the inventiveness, openness, rigour and quality that are hallmarks of MIT, and many use materials developed for MIT residential courses in the Institute’s five schools and 33 academic disciplines.
edX offers amazing quality classes by the best professors from the best schools. edX mission is to increase access to high-quality education for everyone, everywhere.
About This Course
This module will teach you how to take your app idea from a paper prototype to a working application for iOS or Android.
We will cover mobile-specific topics such as location and networking to create responsive, personalized applications as well as ways to instrument your application to understand user behaviour.
You will showcase your working apps in an online poster and demo session. Through sharing your application, you will have the opportunity to gain feedback from your peers.
Why Take This Course
Applicants will be offered this free online course in the English language. Massachusetts Institute of Technology is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Video Transcripts are also available in English. Applicants will get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills they gain.
After completing this course, students will learn:
- How to create apps for iOS or Android
- How various location technologies work and how to build performant applications that utilize location service
- How to present your work in a poster and demo session
Principal Researcher at Yahoo in Sunnyvale, CA and a Visiting Lecturer in Comparative Media Studies at MIT.
Senior Lecturer in Comparative Media Studies and Writing at MIT and author of several books on digital media published by MIT Press.
This module is part of a five-part Mobile Application Experiences series:
- 21W.789.1x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 1: From a Domain to an App Idea
- 21W.789.2x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 2: Mobile App Design
- 21W.789.3x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 3: Building Mobile Apps
- 21W.789.4x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 4: Understanding Use
- 21w.789.5.x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 5: Reporting Research Findings
How To Join This Course
1. Go to the course website link
2.Create an edX account to SignUp
3. Choose “Register Now” to get started.
4. EdX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
5. Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the login button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)