Mitacs has partnered with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), to support the mobility of students from Canadian universities to German universities and institutions.
Mitacs will award successful applicants $5,200 in funding to support the student’s travel and accommodation costs, including transportation costs, accommodation in Germany, and a student stipend, based on a 12-week internship.
A valuable study program for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- Field of Internship: Mitacs and the DAAD strive to ensure that RISE-Globalink Research Internship students have high-quality research experience with talented PhD students who facilitate expanding their knowledge and provide hands-on training in their field of study.
- Course Level: Internship
- Internship Provider: Mitacs
- The internship can be taken in a German university or institution
In order to be eligible for a RISE-Globalink Research Internship, a student must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international student
- Students with German citizenship must be able to prove that they have been living outside of Germany for six or more years
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be registered for full-time undergraduate studies at a Canadian university in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, or engineering (or a closely related field), and remain as such during the RISE-Globalink Research Internship
- Have completed at least two years in a four- or five-year undergraduate degree
- Demonstrate skills and interest suitable to the project in question
- Have a minimum grade average of 80% or equivalent
- Demonstrate oral and written fluency in English (working language is English)
- Meet all necessary travel requirements for the intended destination
Internship Open for International Students: Canadian citizen, permanent resident or international student is eligible to apply for this internship.
The number of awards offered: This is a competitive call and a limited number of awards are available.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted through the RISE-Germany portal on the program website.
Internship Application Deadline: Closed