A PhD candidate is being sought in Architecture for research into the project Revitalisation of Informal Settlements and their Environment (RISE) under the Wellcome Trust’s “Our Planet Our Health” program and in partnership with the Asian Development Bank.
The successful candidate will be part of a 3-year interdisciplinary research project on architecture design research, examining the issues and processes involved in delivering multi-disciplinary, best-practice Water Sensitive Urban Design and Architecture outcomes in informal settlements in developing cities.
Amazing opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of the project, which includes engineers, sociologists, architects, economists, public health experts and microbiologists, we are seeking applications from candidates from varied backgrounds including architecture, landscape architecture, planning and urban design. Depending on the nature of the proposal, supervision teams may include academics from different disciplines and partner institutions.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for a PhD degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in Architecture – Revitalisation of Informal Settlements and their Environment (RISE).
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: The successful applicant will receive a MADA Research Living Allowance. Current value: $A26,682 p.a. 2017 full-time rate (tax-free stipend); (indexed plus allowances as per RTP/MGE stipend conditions.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- The PhD is a university award. For either mode, the minimum qualifications for admission to PhD candidature are: a bachelors degree (at least four years of full-time study), which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours degree class I or IIA level; or a course leading to a masters preliminary qualification at a level rated by the faculty as equivalent to an honours class I or IIA; or a masters degree that entailed work, normally including a significant research component, at least equivalent to an honours degree.
- Under exceptional circumstances, the Graduate Research Committee may, where the Faculty endorses, accept candidates with a degree of a lower grade than honours IIA if they have demonstrated an ability to undertake research at the PhD level. Application for the studio research PhD must be accompanied by 12 – 20 images of recent original work clearly numbered with a corresponding list of details attached and a research proposal
- Applicants must also meet the English language requirements.
- Minimum entrance requirements for admission to Monash University Australia.
Nationality: Australian and International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates will be required to meet Monash entry requirements, which include English-language skills. Scholarship holders must be enrolled full-time and on campus.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply
EOIs shall comprise:
- The completed HDR Expression of Interest Form
- Evidence of academic qualifications
- Evidence of English-language proficiency (international applicants only)
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of any published works
- A research proposal
Application Deadline: Closed