Monash University is offering applications for the CSC Joint Scholarship program to attract high-quality Chinese students to undertake their PhD in the 2023-2024 academic sessions. The program is designed to support outstanding new students pursuing their PhD in Australia‡s one of the top-ranked universities.
The long-term research collaboration program between Monash and research-intensive Chinese universities has a very important objective. Through the scholarship program, selected students will receive a full tuition fee, an annual living allowance for four years, health cover, return airfare, and visa application fees.
Monash University-China Scholarship Council (CSC) Joint Scholarship in Australia
Great chance for Chinese students to apply for PhD at Monash University in Australia.
User Review( votes)
Monash University is acknowledged globally as one of the top public universities in Melbourne, Australia. Established in 1958, it is the largest university in the country delivering education and research excellence. As one of Australia’s largest and most dynamic universities, it has a place among the top 100 universities in the world.
Why at Monash University? When it comes to selecting a university, there‡s a lot to consider. By picking Monash University, students can be sure they‡ve taken their first step to a successful career. It has an international reputation for high-quality education delivered in a research-led environment. At Monash, students can earn a prestigious internationally-recognised degree. Each of their faculties offers unique international and incredible experiences.
Application Deadline: 31 January each year.
- University or Organization: Monash University
- Department: All
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Chinese students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: China
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD programme
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be an international student come from China
- Current Monash PhD students are also welcome to apply for this program. Contact their faculty Graduate Research office directly to indicate their interest.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applicants should initiate their admission application to Monash for PhD. If successful, they will receive an offer from Monash, after that they may then submit their application for funding to the CSC website.
- Applications for a PhD are submitted through the Graduate Research Admission and application portal.
- Supporting Documents: If you are a new applicant, must have obtained an Expression of Interest (EOI) from the relevant faculty before starting your application.
- Admission Requirements: The minimum academic entry requirements differ depending on the graduate research degree: Doctoral degree (PhD) and Master by research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to meet English language proficiency requirements to study at Monash University.
- The China Scholarship Council (CSC) will provide an annual living allowance (for up to a maximum of 4 years), Overseas Student Health Cover, return airfare between China and Melbourne, and visa application fees.
- In addition, Monash University will provide (for up to a maximum of 4 years) a faculty full tuition fee sponsorship and a supplementary (top-up) living allowance up to the RTP Stipend rate to support students whilst in Australia.
- The living allowance commences upon arrival in Australia and is unable to be backdated for students who commence their studies whilst overseas.